Evidence Based Programs have demonstrated that certain approaches and strategies for working with youth and their families can positively impact important social problems such as delinquency, teen pregnancy, substance abuse, and family violence. Many of these effective approaches and strategies have been packaged into programs targeting outcomes specific to individuals, schools, families, and communities.
Programs that have been found to be effective based on the results of rigorous evaluations are often called "evidence-based".
The El Rancho Unified School District is committed to providing programs that would positively impact our students, families, and school communities.
District Personnel have been trained on the following programs:
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program
- Good Behavior Game
- Character Counts
- Too Good for Drugs and Violence
- Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA)
- Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.)
- Safe Dates
- Aggression Replacement Training (ART)
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS)