Homeless/Foster Youth Resources
- Click here: LACOE Resource Guide to Assist Students in Foster Care
- Click here: Caregiver Support Groups - GAP Online Support Groups
- Click here: Student Privacy Email Training - This video walks you through best practices on how to email student information.
Click here: iFoster is helping students with smartphones/hot spots and laptops. Available to current/former foster youth only.
Click here: One Simple Wish is offering help with laptops and other resources. Available to current/former foster youth only.
- Pacific Southwest MHTTC - Virtual Learning Guide for Learners and Leaders.pdf
- High School Counselor FAFSA Challenge Toolkit
- Executive Order 2020-02 California Community Colleges: Temporary Suspension of Various Specified Grade-Related Regulations to Address the Continuity of Education in Community Colleges During the COVID-19 Declared State of Emergency.
- ES 20-10 Emergency Grading Policy and Term Extensions Guidance California Community Colleges: Guidance on supporting students enrolled in the current environment.
- New Admissions Policies: UC and CSU announce new admissions policies.
- Food: Free meals for all
- Hawaiian Gardens Food Bank
- Meals for all. No ID needed. Meals to be picked-up.
- 22121 Norwalk Blvd, Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716
- Hours: Wednesday, 2 p.m to 6 p.m, Thursday 9:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m
- More info: Call (562) 425-4001
- Food: Free meals for all
- St. Mary’s Place
- Meals for all. No ID needed. Meals to be picked-up at Parish hall.
- 7215 Newlin Avenue, Whittier, CA. 90602
- Hours: Saturdays, 10 a.m
- More info: Call 562-698-0107
- Food: Free bread for children ages 5-13 years old
- Los Angelito’s Bakery
- Offers one free bread to each child present, ages 5 to 13 years old.
- Location: 2881 E Florence Ave Huntington Park, CA 90255
- Hours: Monday through Friday, 12 pm to 2 pm
- More info: Free Bread at Angelito’s Bakery
- Food: Free food for Cudahy Seniors
- City of Cudahy
- Essential meals for seniors (65+) living in Cudahy. Up to 10 meals per person a week.
- Call (323) 773-5143 Ext. 232 or e-mail vsantiago@cityofcudahy.
- More info: City of Cudahy Essential Meals
- Food: Free groceries for Florence-Firestone Seniors
- Inner City Visions
- Groceries for seniors (65+) living in Florence-Firestone.
- Call (323) 749-7246
- More info: Inner City Visions Senior Help
- Food: Food and General Assistance for Bell Seniors
- City of Bell
- Essential meals and services for seniors (65+) living in Bell.
- Call the Bell Community Center at (323) 749-1596 for help.
- More info: City of Bell Senior Services
- Food: Food and General Assistance for Bell Gardens Seniors