Last month the El Rancho Unified School District was swamped with controversy as the result of bullying and anti-military service statements made in class by an El Rancho High School teacher that went viral on the internet.
As you know, that teacher was placed on administrative leave while the District conducted an investigation. At subsequent meetings of the Board of Trustees, we promised that we would keep the public informed of developments, subject to the legal obligations of the District. These developments are:
1. The investigation, conducted by a third-party investigator has been completed.
2. The Superintendent has recommended disciplinary action including termination of employment based on the investigation report and supporting documents.
3. The Board of Trustees has voted to take action as recommended by the Superintendent.
4. The teacher will remain on unpaid leave pending any appeals to the State Office of Administrative Hearings.
5. Please direct any questions you may have to the Office of the Superintendent and we will post answers as appropriate on the District’s website.
Read More »