•Proof of Age: Official birth certificate, baptismal certificate, current Passport, or statement from the Los Angeles County Registrar/Vital Records Department verifying the date of birth (TK-12). As required by State law, all children entering kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1.
•Immunization Records: All children are required to have their vaccinations fully completed before enrolling in school. Immunization Record needs to include the following:
- Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertusis (DTap, DTP, or DT)
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chickenpox)Immunizations are offered at the Whittier Health Center. Please call 562-464-5350 for more information. A PERSONAL BELIEF EXEMPTION FORM IS NO LONGER AN OPTION.•Proof of Residency: Two of the following documents must be provided.
- A utility bill
- State issued identification card or driver's license
- Mortgage bill
- Property tax payment receipts
- Deed to a home•Transcript from previous school (6-12)*Kindergarten:
If you have a child that will be five years old on/or before September 1, 2017, they are eligible for kindergarten. Visit www.erusd.org click the School Locator tab to locate your school of residence.*Transitional Kindergarten Program:
If you have a child who will be turning five years old between September 2, 2017 and March 2, 2018, they are eligible for the transitional kindergarten program.
A child must be at least five years of age at time of admission to the first grade, providing the child has completed a year of kindergarten in a private or public school. If a child reaches his/her sixth birth date on/or before September 1, 2017, and has not completed one year in kindergarten, he/she is also eligible for first grade admission.