El Rancho Unified is dedicated to the results-oriented belief that all students can learn from a rigorous curriculum, instructional materials, and instructional practices that are aligned to current state standards. Students with disabilities must be guaranteed equal opportunity to be prepared as life-long learners to succeed academically, intellectually, socially, emotionally and culturally. It is the mission of the El Rancho Unified School District, in partnership with the community, to provide an innovative and challenging learning environment that promotes excellence for all students.
Major Strategic Goals for the Special Education Department
- The department will implement a comprehensive and active parent education and involvement program.
- The department will develop and implement programs, curriculum, and instruction to reflect successful evidence-based models.
- The department will utilize a shared decision-making processes to enact a district-wide strategic plan regarding students with disabilities.
- The department will develop and implement a comprehensive staff development program, inclusive of classified, certificated, and management personnel.
- The department will emphasize the development of appropriate services and supports to strengthen the post-secondary educational, employment, and independent living skills goals for all young adults with disabilities.