Dear ERUSD Community,
As you may know, the ERUSD Board of Education has requested to review and to discuss the different budget options that will allow us to continue with the construction project for El Rancho High School. As part of the process, we have stopped all construction activities related to the El Rancho High School project until we have the following in place:
1) Clear scenarios for construction with specific projected costs.
2) Clear budget options for the duration of the entire project.
3) Clear options to minimize the impact of taxes on the citizens of the City of Pico Rivera.
4) Clear budget and construction options that will keep the district financially stable.
5) A short- and long-term plan for supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of the investments related to this project. This will require the allocation of District staff to partner with the agencies that manage the actual construction.
The El Rancho Unified School District Board of Education and staff are committed to fulfilling the commitment made with the residents of the City of Pico Rivera. And, we are committed to ensuring that the project will be completed with a budget that the District and the community can afford.
There will be a Special Board meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018 at 5:00 PM to discuss the different scenarios related to this project.
Read More »